Economic Buzz: UK Retail Sales Fall In March

UK retail sales, including auto fuel, dropped 1.2 percent month-on-month in March, in contrast to a 0.8 percent rise in February, the Office for National Statistics showed Thursday. Sales were forecast to fall 0.6 percent. Similarly, excluding auto fuel, retail sales volume dropped 0.5 percent reversing a 0.4 percent rise in February. On a yearly basis, overall retail sales volume growth eased to 1.1 percent in March from 1.5 percent a month ago.